Fried chicken recipes have been around forever. Well, at least as long as chickens have been around. And chicken is the most frequently offered meal for guests and typically it?s some type of fried chicken recipe. I?ve been fortunate to have eaten many good fried chicken recipes, but I have the answer for people that say ?fried chicken is just chicken? and want something different!
In all my years (and I?m certainly not going to share with you how many that is) I have never come across a better fried chicken recipe than the one my dear old grandmother would whip up on Sunday afternoons for supper time. That wonderful woman flat knew how to cook!
Walking into grandma?s house on Sundays were some of the most memorable moments of my childhood. The house was full of the aroma of the fried chicken recipe and the side dishes being prepared, the spirited conversations uncles and aunts, the scurrying about the kitchen, and the laughter and love from my grandparents. Those were the days.
Fried chicken recipes are fairly simple but grandma?s was secret. She always said it was just the special love she put into making it for all her family. But I knew there had to be some secret so I set out to find out just what made grandma?s fried chicken recipe so great.
Grandma took all the pieces of a chicken and soaked them in olive oil for an hour in the refrigerator before she started the cooking process. She then patted them down with flour that included coarse ground pepper, salt, paprika, and garlic powder. Then she placed them into an old hot black skillet filled with more olive oil. She cooked them on high heat until the skin was golden brown. It just took a few minutes to cook up the most tender and tastiest fried chicken recipe on the planet. The secret, you ask? Hmm?it was the pre-soaking of the chicken in olive oil in the refrigerator for an hour, prior to flouring them and placing them in the skillet that made them special.
The skin was the most golden brown color ever and the meat was the juiciest and most delicious chicken I?ve ever eaten. If you want to make fried chicken something other than just chicken, you?ll have to try grandma?s fried chicken recipe for yourselves. You?ll be delighted at the results.
Tags: fried chicken recipe, recipe for chicken, recipe for fried chicken
Filed under: Cooking
No Comments
Recently added articles:
Source: http://www.familyparentingkids.com/cooking/a-fried-chicken-recipe-is-just-fried-chicken-right.html
detroit red wings red wings jeremy lin xi jinping matt bomer westminster kennel club dog show jeremy lin game winner
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.